Physical tests will be done to check your vision, eye movements, pupils, retina (back of your eye), and eye pressure when needed.
In addition, if you are having vision problems, some common questions may be:
- When did this begin? Did it occur suddenly or gradually?
- How often does it occur? How long does it last?
- When does it occur? Evening? Morning?
- Is the problem in one eye or both eyes?
- Is your vision blurred, or is there double vision?
- Do you have blind spots?
- Are there areas that look black and missing?
- Is side (peripheral) vision missing?
- Are halos (circles of light) seen around shiny objects or lights?
- Do you see flashing lights or zigzag lines?
- Do you have sensitivity to light?
- Do stationary objects seem to be moving?
- Are colors missing? Is it difficult to differentiate colors?
- Is there pain?
- Are your eyes crossed? Does one or both of your eyes “drift”?
- Have you had an injury, infection, allergy symptoms, added stress or anxiety, feelings of depression, fatigue, or headache in the last few weeks to months? Have you been exposed to pollens, wind, sunlight, or chemicals in this time frame? Have you used any new soaps, lotions, or cosmetics?
- Is your vision better after you rest?
- Is it better with corrective lenses?
- Are there other symptoms present like redness, swelling, headache, pain, itching, discharge/drainage, a sense that something is in the eye, increased or decreased tearing, etc.?
- What medications do you take?
- Do you have diabetes, or is there a family history of diabetes?
The following tests may be performed:
Treatments depend on the cause. Contact Gordy EyeCare to schedule an eye examination today to find the treatment that is right for you.