Bausch + Lomb is at the American Optometric Association’s annual meeting in Salt Lake City, Utah this week, and they are still head lining the event with new products. Forty years after they introduced soft contacts to the world, they are bringing some revolutionary innovations to the AOA.
The company will look to debut some of the following innovations this week:
- Biotrue™, a bio-inspired contact lens solution that works like the eyes to help lenses stay clean and moist throughout the day. A recent study indicated Biotrue could keep lenses moist for 20 hours. Biotrue brings together three key innovations: a lubricant called hyaluronan (HA) found naturally in the eyes, matches the pH of healthy tears, and keeps certain beneficial tear proteins active. Introduced one year ago this month, Biotrue has been the fastest-growing lens care product ever.
- PureVision® 2 HD contact lenses with precision optics are designed for clear, crisp vision in low-light and help reduce halos and glare. These lenses are some of the thinnest on the market today, which allow for gentle lens/lid interaction and comfortable lens wear.
- Ocuvite® 50+, an eye vitamin supplement developed to help replace essential nutrients which the eyes lose as one ages. Ocuvite contains three important nutrients, Lutein, Zeaxanthin and Omega 3 which are key to maintaining eye health.
- Retisert®, the world’s first intravitreal drug implant for the treatment of chronic non-infectious uveitis affecting the posterior segment of the eye. Uveitis is one of the leading causes of blindness for middle-aged people in the Western world.
- Alaway®, an eye drop designed to provide fast-acting relief to the eyes from itchiness caused by pollen, ragweed, grass, animal hair and dander.
Bausch + Lomb continue to be industry leaders in contact lenses and lens care products, ophthalmic surgical devices and instruments, and ophthalmic pharmaceuticals. They continue to be a pioneer in the field of vision, even after being in business for over a 150 years.
If you have any questions on how these products or if they may be right for you, contact Gordy EyeCare today.
image credit: Lee J Haywood on flickr